Musicians wishing to make application for Membership to GCYO outside the stipulated Audition Periods may be considered at any time. To proceed, please follow these guidelines and processes:
- All late Applicants expressing interest, must submit an Application. Questions may be be directed to the GCYO office at 0423 148 992 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where an instrument gap exists1)that is, GCYO has space availablein the group the late Applicant is interested in, then GCYO will invite the Applicant to proceed to audition. Note: Membership Fees apply; $70 late fee applies2)includes audition fee.
- Where an instrument gap does not exist, the late Applicant will not be offered an audition for placement in the current year. Instead, late Applicants will be invited to apply with the majority of Applicants in the October/November Auditions for following year entry.
- Late Applicants lose the opportunity for competitive seating. That is, all late Applicants will be seated behind on-time Applicants regardless of competence.
- If the late Applicant has not attended GCYO before, they may participate in, or observe, one rehearsal before a formal audition. Auditions must follow by no later than week 2 from Expression of Interest. Any request for an audition time-extension is to be advised to the GCYO office at 0423 148 992 or email@example.com
- Audition Music Excerpts are to be performed by all Applicants.
- Adjudication Panels for late entries will be the same Adjudication Panel for on-time applicants or the GCYO conductor as determined.
- Non-Members may not participate in any GCYO group rehearsal or event3)exceptions may apply for formally invited Guest Musicians.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||that is, GCYO has space available|
|2.||↑||includes audition fee|
|3.||↑||exceptions may apply for formally invited Guest Musicians|