All members are expected to attend every performance. During in-house and public performances, we ask that each member act as an ambassador of the Gold Coast Youth Orchestra. At all times, the GCYO encourages members to behave in a responsible, cooperative and dignified manner. As a measure of respect for all musicians, the GCYO asks members stay until the conclusion of each concert, performance or event. Thank you! Most importantly ~ ENJOY!
Members representing the GCYO at concerts and other events are requested to wear the correct uniform, which includes:
- Black Shirt: micro-fibre long sleeved, collared and cuffed (YS, JS, BB, LBB) (Lowes offer 5% discount when you advise you are a member of GCYO)
- White Shirt: micro-fibre long sleeved, collared and cuffed (SO)
- Black long pant; no denim
- Black ankle-length skirt with black pantyhose available for females
- Colored tie (BB, LBB)
- Black bow tie for boys (SO)
- Black ribbon at Collar for girls (SO – see Group Volunteer for ribbon)
- Black socks or pantyhose
- Black plain dress shoes; no runners
GCYO can have our logo embroidered on your shirt for a donation of $5. Just leave at rehearsal with musician’s name and nominated logo color desired. A 10-day turnaround.
Caution! Footwear for females: all females are asked to wear very modest-height shoe heels. High stilettos or wedges can be unmanageable and susceptible to accident when walking on stage. Play it safe and make a wise choice.
Mobile Phones and Electronic Games Devices
We ask that all members please turn-off mobile phones and electronic game devices during GCYO rehearsals, concerts and events – thanks!